Section 8 Vouchers

Affordable rental housing in Bellevue

KCHA's Section 8 voucher program will accept applications from 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 28 through 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015. The application process will only be available online through the KCHA website. A random lottery drawing will be used to select 2,500 of these applications for the Section 8 waiting list. Any agency requesting a fee to assist you or who guarantees placement on the waiting list is fraudulent. Please report any such agency to KCHA. Learn more about the lottery process.

Section 8 vouchers help people with low incomes rent homes on the private market. With a voucher, you pay at least 28 percent, but not more than 40 percent (in the first year), of your household income for rent and utilities. KCHA pays the difference between your portion of the rent and the amount your landlord requests.

If you qualify for a voucher, you can use it to rent from any landlord in King County willing to take part in the program. In some cases you may also use it to rent in incorporated Seattle or Renton, or outside of the county.

If you already have a voucher, visit the Residents section of the KCHA website. If you manage a property and want to rent to Section 8 tenants, visit the Landlords section.

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574-1100
Fax: (206) 574-1104
TDD: (800) 833-6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214-1300
Fax: (206) 243-5927