How to Apply
You must fill out an application form to apply for services. This application is for households that rent their home or own a single-family or mobile home:
Along with the application, you must verify all household income for the past three months. Include any combination from the below list that applies to your household. If you are self-employed, call us at (206) 214-1240 for income verification options.
- Copies of pay stubs
- A letter from the Social Security Administration
- Proof of unemployment benefits from the Employment Security Department
- Bank statements or award letter that verify pension or social security income received by direct deposit
- Child support documentation
- Alimony documentation
- Leave & Earning Statement (LES) for Military Benefits
- Statement from DSHS for TANF or EBT "Cash" benefits
- Other documentation as listed in the application
You must also submit:
- Proof of your social security number. Provide a copy of your social security card, showing the number and your name.
- Copies of your three most recent utility bills. This should come from your home heating source (e.g., Puget Sound Energy, Seattle City Light). The bill needs to show your name, address, and account number.
Please follow submittal instructions as outlined on the application. Applications are accepted electronically via secure email or by post.
Funding limits the number of households KCHA can help. We give preference to:
- People in heating emergency situations
- Disabled persons
- Families with children under 19
- Native Americans
For any questions regarding applications, or to have an application sent to you via email or post, please call us at (206) 214-1240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Saving Energy
The U.S. Department of Energy lists steps you can take to improve your home's energy efficiency.
Click Here to see Housing Repair programs around King County.