You need to ensure that you, your family members, and your guests act responsibly. You must also take care of your home, provide needed information to KCHA, and respect your neighbors and KCHA staff. This page offers a summary of your responsibilities. Your lease provides the full list of requirements.
- Pay your rent on time.
- Pay repair charges when required.
- Do not allow people not listed on your lease to live in your home.
- Do not sub-lease your home.
- Notify KCHA in writing if you plan to be away from home for more than 14 days.
- Supply information to KCHA as requested.
- Provide valid social security numbers for family members age 16 and older.
- Submit consent forms for family members age 16 and older.
- Do not commit fraud or misrepresentation.
- Do not break the terms of your lease.
Inside Your Home
- Keep your home clean.
- Make sure that your family members and guests do not damage or remove any part of your home.
- Report to KCHA any damage or needed repairs.
- Immediately report mold or infestation problems to KCHA.
- Allow KCHA to inspect your home and perform needed maintenance or repairs.
- Do not make repairs or changes without KCHA's written approval.
Outside Your Home
- Make sure that your family members and guests do not damage any part of the property.
- Do not store items outside the unit, other than in official storage areas, without written approval from KCHA. (If given approval, you accept the risk of loss or damage.)
- Park your vehicle only in approved areas.
- Do not park non-working or unlicensed vehicles, trailers, or boats on-site without written approval from KCHA. This includes parking lots, common areas, and the street.
Health & Safety
- Make sure that your family members and guests do not take part in any activity that negatively affects the property. This includes drug-related criminal behavior.
- Report to KCHA any unsafe or dirty areas that may cause injury or damage.
- Use all systems in your home in a safe, reasonable way. This includes electrical, plumbing, heating, venting, and air conditioning systems.
- Follow fire safety rules. Clean dryer vents, take care in storing flammable items, and do not bring fireworks into your home.
- Do not tamper with smoke detectors. Report any problems to KCHA.
- Do not smoke in public areas, except as allowed. You must follow additional rules if you live in a non-smoking building.
Contact your management office if you have questions about your responsibilities or the terms of your lease.
Pet & Smoking Policies
The following policies are available in PDF format: