Skip to this page's content

Find a Home

In This Section

Homeless Housing

Chalet Apartments in Bellevue

KCHA does not directly offer emergency housing or shelter for people experiencing homelessness. Instead, we work with many other agencies, including local nonprofits that offer an array of emergency services.

For Homeless Veterans

Working with the United States departments of Veterans Affairs and Housing and Urban Development, KCHA administers over 850 Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Housing Choice vouchers for homeless veterans and their families. These vouchers provide permanent housing and case management supports for eligible homeless Veterans and their families. To learn more about these vouchers and other VA and community housing programs, call 877-424-3838. Veterans can also obtain a voucher program referral from a case manager in another VA program, from a community-based program, or locally through King County’s Coordinated Entry for All (CEA) system.

In addition to the voucher program, two other agencies also have veteran-specific programs for which you may qualify:

For Homeless Single Adults, Young Adults, Couples & Families

King County’s Coordinated Entry for All (CEA) program serves all people experiencing homelessness. It helps these people find stable housing by connecting them to the housing support services and resources that best meet their needs. Please contact CEA if one of the following five situations applies to you:

  • Living and sleeping outside.
  • Sleeping in a place not meant for human habitation.
  • Staying in a shelter or transitional housing.
  • Fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence. This means you or your family are afraid to return to your home, or are experiencing dangerous or life threatening conditions at home. This may be related to abuse, stalking, dating violence, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, other physical assault, or human trafficking.
  • Leaving a jail, prison, a psychiatric hospital, medical hospital, or a drug/alcohol treatment program where you lived for up to 90 days – and you were in shelter or a place not meant for human habitation immediately prior to entering that institution.

The CEA program website outlines how to schedule an intake meeting. For all other critical basic need resources call 211.

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574‑1100
Fax: (206) 574‑1104
TDD: (800) 833‑6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214‑1300
Fax: (206) 243‑5927