Skip to this page's content

Find a Home

In This Section

Find a Home

Mixed-income rental housing at Greenbridge in White Center

KCHA's waiting list for subsidized housing is temporarily closed

During this temporary closure, KCHA is reviewing waiting list procedures and implementing new housing-management software. These changes will help improve KCHA's services for people seeking housing. The waiting list will reopen after the software conversion is completed.

About KCHA housing

KCHA serves 33 cities and unincorporated King County, but does not include Seattle or Renton because those cities have separate housing authorities. KCHA owns more than 150 properties with more than 12,600 units, including more than 4,400 units of federally subsidized housing for families, seniors, and people with disabilities. Another 8,000 rental units are financed through tax credits and tax-exempt bonds. Federally-funded Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) help more than 14,000 households rent affordable housing from private landlords. KCHA continues to actively buy, build, preserve, and expand affordable housing.

Our work in affordable housing and supportive services reaches more than 55,000 people who have incomes below the King County area median income.

KCHA Housing Search – Check your housing eligibility based on your family size, income, and housing preferences.

Housing Options by City – Browse rental housing and rental assistance programs.

Section 8 Vouchers – Rent and utility assistance helping people with lower incomes live in private market housing. Not currently accepting applications.

Subsidized Housing – Public rental housing for people with lower incomes, often with on-site social services. Not currently accepting applications.

Other Rental Housing – Rental housing for people with lower incomes, managed by KCHA or private companies.

Moderate-Income Housing – Rental housing for people who can pay rent at close to market rates.

Manufactured Homes – Affordable homeownership opportunities for people with low or fixed incomes.

Homeless Housing – Emergency housing for people experiencing homelessness, provided through local nonprofits.

Property Map – View all of KCHA's properties on an interactive map, sortable by housing type.

Application Forms – Apply for housing, update an existing application, or request a reasonable accommodation.

Other Resources – Links to other housing authorities, nonprofit housing providers, and social services.

If you already rent from KCHA or have a Section 8 voucher, visit the Residents section of our website. 

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574‑1100
Fax: (206) 574‑1104
TDD: (800) 833‑6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214‑1300
Fax: (206) 243‑5927

Central Applications Center — Subsidized Housing
Tel: (206) 574‑1248
Fax: (206) 574‑1241