Skip to this page's content


In This Section

For Section 8 Voucher Holders

Group of women sitting in a classroom

Your Section 8 voucher helps you rent a home on the private market at a price you can afford. In this part of our website you can learn:

  • How to use your voucher for the first time.
  • How to report family and income changes if you already have a voucher.
  • How to move to a new home with your voucher.
  • Your responsibilities as a tenant—both to your landlord and to KCHA.
  • Information about the voucher recertification and housing inspection processes.

If you are not yet a voucher-holder and still need housing, you can learn more about Section 8 vouchers under Find a Home.

If a landlord refuses to accept your voucher, that could be "source of income discrimination," which is illegal in  Washington State. If you believe you are experiencing source of income discrimination or any other type of housing discrimination, please contact the King County Office of Civil Rights.

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574‑1100
Fax: (206) 574‑1104
TDD: (800) 833‑6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214‑1300
Fax: (206) 243‑5927

Central Applications Center — Subsidized Housing
Tel: (206) 574‑1248
Fax: (206) 574‑1241