Skip to this page's content

Find a Home

In This Section

Subsidized Housing

Subsidized housing at Valli Kee in Kent

KCHA's waiting list for subsidized housing is temporarily closed

During this temporary closure, KCHA is reviewing waiting list procedures and implementing new housing-management software. These changes will help improve KCHA's services for people seeking housing. The waiting list will reopen after the software conversion is completed.

About Subsidized Housing

Subsidized housing helps people with low incomes rent housing they can afford. In most cases they pay no more than 30 percent of their income for rent and utilities.

KCHA owns and manages nearly all of this housing. It includes more than 80 properties, many of which have on-site social services. They do not take Section 8 vouchers.

Types of Housing – Some properties mostly serve families; others are open only to seniors and people with disabilities.

Eligibility – Tenants must meet income, age, and suitability guidelines.

How to ApplyThe subsidized housing waiting list is not accepting new applications.

Application Changes – If your application details change, you must report the changes to KCHA as soon as you can.

Waiting List – For households already on the waiting list, KCHA selects most households from 2 main types of lists: regional lists and site-based lists.

If you already rent housing from KCHA, visit the Residents section of this site.

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574‑1100
Fax: (206) 574‑1104
TDD: (800) 833‑6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214‑1300
Fax: (206) 243‑5927

Central Applications Center — Subsidized Housing
Tel: (206) 574‑1248
Fax: (206) 574‑1241