Skip to this page's content


Weatherization Program

KCHA's Weatherization program helps low-income homeowners and renters reduce their energy costs and improve the indoor air quality of their homes. Common repairs include:

  • Ventilation improvements
  • Insulation installs
  • Furnace repairs
  • Air sealing to prevent drafts

This program generally does not provide new windows.


To find out if you're eligible, use the calculator provided below. Contact us at or call (206) 214-1240 for more information.

Request Information

Fill out a request form to receive an application or more information from KCHA's Weatherization program.

How to Apply

You must fill out an application form to apply for services. This application is for households who either rent their home, or who own a single-family or mobile home:

Along with the application, you must verify all household income for the past three months. Include any combination from the below list that applies to your household. If you are self employed, call us at (206) 214-1240 for income verification options.

  • Copies of pay stubs
  • A letter from the Social Security Administration
  • Proof of unemployment benefits from the Employment Security Department
  • Bank statements or award letter that verify pension or social security income received by direct deposit
  • Child support documentation
  • Alimony documentation
  • Leave & Earning Statement (LES) for Military Benefits
  • Statement from DSHS for TANF or EBT "Cash" benefits

You must also submit:

  1. Proof of your social security number. Provide a copy of your social security card, showing the number and your name. You may skip this step if you are submitting a bank statement that includes the number.
  2. A copy of a recent utility bill. This should come from your home heating source (e.g., Puget Sound Energy, Seattle City Light). The bill needs to show your name, address, and account number.

Mail all documents related to your application to:

King County Housing Authority
Weatherization Department
700 Andover Park W., Suite D
Tukwila, WA 98188

Funding limits the number of households KCHA can help. We give preference to:

  • People in emergency situations
  • Seniors
  • Disabled persons
  • Families with children under 19
  • Native Americans
  • Families with a diagnosed respiratory illness

The date all materials are submitted will affect how quickly you receive services. 

Tips for Saving Energy

The U.S. Department of Energy lists steps you can take to improve your home's energy efficiency.

Housing Repair

Click Here to see Housing Repair programs around King County.

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574‑1100
Fax: (206) 574‑1104
TDD: (800) 833‑6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214‑1300
Fax: (206) 243‑5927