Fill out a request form to receive an application or more information from KCHA's Weatherization program.
How to Apply
You must fill out an application form to apply for services. This application is for households who either rent their home, or who own a single-family or mobile home:
Along with the application, you must verify all household income for the past three months. Include any combination from the below list that applies to your household. If you are self employed, call us at (206) 214-1240 for income verification options.
- Copies of pay stubs
- A letter from the Social Security Administration
- Proof of unemployment benefits from the Employment Security Department
- Bank statements or award letter that verify pension or social security income received by direct deposit
- Child support documentation
- Alimony documentation
- Leave & Earning Statement (LES) for Military Benefits
- Statement from DSHS for TANF or EBT "Cash" benefits
You must also submit:
- Proof of your social security number. Provide a copy of your social security card, showing the number and your name. You may skip this step if you are submitting a bank statement that includes the number.
- A copy of a recent utility bill. This should come from your home heating source (e.g., Puget Sound Energy, Seattle City Light). The bill needs to show your name, address, and account number.
Mail all documents related to your application to:
King County Housing Authority
700 Andover Park W., Suite D
Tukwila, WA 98188
Funding limits the number of households KCHA can help. We give preference to:
- People in emergency situations
- Disabled persons
- Families with children under 19
- Native Americans
- Families with a diagnosed respiratory illness
The date all materials are submitted will affect how quickly you receive services.
Tips for Saving Energy
The U.S. Department of Energy lists steps you can take to improve your home's energy efficiency.
Click Here to see Housing Repair programs around King County.