Skip to this page's content


In This Section

Section 8 Landlords

Affordable housing apartment building

Section 8 vouchers help people with low incomes rent homes on the private market. Most tenants pay between 28 and 40 percent of their income for rent and utilities. KCHA covers the rest, paying you a fixed amount each month based on the tenant's income. If a tenant pays for utilities, we also provide them a monthly energy assistance supplement.

Creating Moves to Opportunity

KCHA is piloting a new housing search assistance program, Creating Moves to Opportunity (CMTO), to support families in moving to high opportunity neighborhoods and to encourage children’s success.  Visit the CMTO website for more information about CMTO benefits and incentives for landlords including assistance from housing navigators to expedite the housing authority lease process and to access mitigation funds.

Main Office
600 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 574‑1100
Fax: (206) 574‑1104
TDD: (800) 833‑6388

Section 8 Office
700 Andover Park W.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Tel: (206) 214‑1300
Fax: (206) 243‑5927