Request for Proposals: Request for Proposals for Weatherization and Repair Projects
Scope of Work
Weatherization and related repair work includes one or more of the following:
* Air infiltration reduction, including blower door-guided air sealing
* Insulation of attics, walls, under floors, heating ducts and water pipes
* Combustion safety analysis and diagnostics testing
* Installation of mechanical ventilation equipment (single and mobile homes only)
* Installation of interior lighting or electrical accessories (single and mobile homes only)
* Mobile home roof/insulation systems
* Window re-glaze, repair or replacement (single and mobile homes only)
* Low flow showerheads and faucet aerators, LED lamps and smart power strips
* Other miscellaneous weatherization items
* Weatherization-related repairs, including electrical, plumbing and carpentry
This solicitation does not include weatherization measures that KCHA procures separately, such as heating system upgrades and hot water tank repair/replacements.
Work is to be performed in accordance with:
* Exhibit E: Weatherization and Repair Price List
* Exhibit F: Installation and Material Requirements
* Specific project work order (see example Exhibit K: Sample Statement of Work Items)
* Standard Work Specifications (SWS) for Home Energy Upgrades (available at https://sws.nrel.gov )
* Washington State Weatherization Field Guide (available at https://www.commerce.wa.gov/growing-the-economy/energy/weatherization-and-energy-efficiency/weatherization-program-documents/)
* Washington State Weatherization Manual (available at https://www.commerce.wa.gov/growing-the-economy/energy/weatherization-and-energy-efficiency/weatherization-program-documents/)
* ASHRAE Standard 62.2--2013
* Applicable building codes and city codes; obtaining permits is the responsibility of the contractor
* Lead Safe Weatherization (LSW) and Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) practices, where applicable
* Exhibit M: KCHA Weatherization COVID-19 Protection Plan Guidance
* Site Specific COVID-19 Protection Plans to be developed by the Firm for individual weatherization projects
09/11/2020 at 11:00 a.m.
To Dial In Without Zoom Software and have audio only:
Meeting ID: 247 939 2550
Administrative Program Manager
Question deadline: 09/18/2020 at 03:30 p.m.
10/02/2020 at 01:00 p.m.