Invitation for Bid: Meadows on Lea Hill Mechanical and Electrical
Scope of Work
King County Housing Authority (KCHA)’s Weatherization Department is soliciting bids from qualified firms to provide and install the following items at Meadows on Lea Hill located at 12505 S.E. 312th St., Auburn, WA 98092, a property with 90 units owned by King County Housing Authority:
• Replace one hundred fourteen (114) bath fan controls with Humidistat switches with integrated automatic run programming and replace the light switches and face plates to match.
• Replace one hundred three (103) existing bath fans currently ducted out through the attic with a zone register terminal (ZRT) with 60 cfm max CAR’s and 30 cfm continuous CAR’s.
• Install thirty (30) remote located energy star fans that are rated for a minimum of 250 cfm.
• Replace eleven (11) bathroom fans vented out of the side wall with new energy star rated bathroom fans with brushless DC motors and a multi-speed plug and play module.
• Install and duct nine (9) energy star rated supply air fans.
• Alternate #1 Install ninety (90) split-system ductless heat pumps (DHPs) with a 1 ton capacity (one system per unit) with a wall mounted indoor head unit. Existing baseboard/cove heater and thermostats in living room to be removed and drywall patched and painted in these locations.
• Alternate #2 Install ninety (90) wireless wall mounted ductless heat pump thermostats.
• Alternate #3 Install ninety (90) through wall HRV with optional drain heater in living rooms under the indoor unit of the ductless heat pump.
• Alternate #4 Install one hundred eighty-six (186) single head through wall Energy Recovery Ventilator in each bedroom of every unit.
Bids are requested for a base bid which is the firm’s contract price for the complete scope of work as proposed and unit prices, which will be used to calculate additive or deductive changes to the scope.
Work is to be performed in accordance with:
• Exhibit B: Form of Proposal
• Exhibit C: Mechanical and Electrical Specifications
• Federal Way, Washington Construction Codes
• Standard Work Specifications for Home Energy Upgrades (SWS) Effective July 1, 2015 (available at
07/16/2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Meadows on Lea Hill
12505 S.E. 312th St, Auburn, WA 98092
Multifamily Weatherization Construction Coordinator
Question deadline: 07/18/2019 at 03:30 p.m.
07/23/2019 at 02:00 p.m.