Invitation for Bid: Laurelwood Gardens Apartments Mechanical and Electrical
Scope of Work
King County Housing Authority (KCHA)’s Weatherization Department is soliciting bids from qualified firms to provide and install the following items at Laurelwood Gardens located at 29505 21 Ave S, Federal Way, WA 98003, a property with 91 units owned by King County Housing Authority:
• Install ninety-one (91) split-system ductless heat pumps (DHPs) with a 1 ton capacity (one system per unit) with a wall mounted indoor head unit. Existing baseboard/cove heater and thermostats in living room to be removed and drywall patched and painted in these locations.
• Install ninety-one (91) wireless wall mounted ductless heat pump thermostats.
• Replace ninety-one (91) bath fan controls with Humidistat switches.
• Install ninety-one (91) Continuous run Energy Star kitchen range hood fans.
Bids are requested for a base bid which is the firm’s contract price for the complete scope of work as proposed and unit prices which will be used to calculate additive or deductive changes to the scope.
Work is to be performed in accordance with:
• Exhibit B: Form of Proposal
• Exhibit C: Mechanical and Electrical Specifications
• Federal Way, Washington Construction Codes
• Standard Work Specifications for Home Energy Upgrades (SWS) Effective July 1, 2015 (available at
06/25/2019 at 10:00 a.m.
29505 21 Ave S, Federal Way, WA 98003
Multifamily Weatherization Construction Coordinator
Question deadline: 06/27/2019 at 5:00 p.m.
07/09/2019 at 02:00 p.m.